Order forms Term 6 2015
Allergy Categories Explanation
From September 2014 all children in Reception, Y1 & Y2 are eligible for a FREE SCHOOL MEAL every day. This is part of the Coalition Government initiative across England.
Cygnet Catering provide our school meals. Meals are priced at £2.20 for KS2 children which represents excellent value for money. A four week rotating menu provides children with a variety of meal choices. Daily there is a main option, vegetarian option or jacket potato meal.
To help parents check whether Cygnet have received orders and recorded the days and options correctly, we will display the following week's orders on the white doors near Reception area on a Wednesday or Thursday. PLEASE make a note of what you have ordered at home so that we all have the same information.
Some answers to frequently asked questions:
- Your child does not have to have a meal every day, you can order between one and five meals each week.
- Meals must be ordered and paid for by the preceding Tuesday.
- Your child is guaranteed to receive the meal they have ordered. Cygnet's ordering system will produce sufficient of each option to ensure your child receives the meal ordered. Order lists are displayed in class, so your child can check what meal has been ordered, and staff have a record of what exactly they have ordered each day.
- Regrettably, Cygnet Foods cannot accommodate changes to the meal ordered at a later stage.
- Cygnet Foods are unable to order meals if payment is not enclosed.
- If your child is entitled to Free School Meals in KS2, please send in the order form without payment and mark the form appropriately.
- You may pay by cash or cheque (made payable to "Cygnet Foods Ltd").
- You can send in payment and completed orders for up to the whole term.
If your child is in Reception, Y1 & Y2 and you believe that you would have been eligible for Free school Meals, without the government initiative, please still do apply. Children eligible for Free school meals are also eligible for 'Pupil Premium' money which can be used by us to benefit your child whilst they are with us. Link to Pupil Premium
If your child is in Y3, 4, 5 or 6, and believe that your child is eligible for Free school meals, please complete this Swindon Borough form. Your child will also be eligible for 'Pupil Premium' money.
Children are not forced to eat their packed lunch, but we do encourage them to consume a reasonable amount.
Please do not send your child to school with any of the following:
- Hot liquid in thermos flasks.
- Pot meals requiring hot water.
- Glass containers.
- Fizzy drinks.
- Chocolate and/or confectionery.
Please provide fruit or a cereal bar. We regret that we are unable to accept yogurts at play-time, although these are fine for lunch. Classes 1 & 2 are offered a piece of fruit daily.