Order forms Term 2 2014.
From September 2014 all children in Reception, Y1 & Y2 are eligible for a FREE SCHOOL MEAL every day. This is part of the Coalition Government initiative across England.
If you have a child in Reception, Y1 or Y2 we will automatically order you a ‘Main meal’ every day for your child unless you notify the school office that you would prefer a vegetarian option, jacket potato or that you would prefer to provide a packed lunch from home.
Cygnet Catering provide our school meals. Meals are priced at £2.20 for KS2 children which represents excellent value for money. A four week rotating menu provides children with a variety of meal choices. Daily there is a main option, vegetarian option or jacket potato meal.
To help parents check whether we have received the orders on a Wednesday we will put the following week’s orders up on the white doors near Reception area. Parents can then check the days and meals ordered. PLEASE make a note of what you have ordered at home so that we have the same information.
Some answers to frequently asked questions:
- Your child does not have to have a meal every day, you can order between one and five meals each week.
- Meals must be ordered and paid for by the preceding Tuesday.
- Your child is guaranteed to receive the meal they have ordered. Our ordering system will produce sufficient of each option to ensure your child receives the meal ordered. We also remind your child of exactly what they have ordered each day.
- Regrettably, we cannot accommodate changes to the meal ordered at a later stage.
- We are unable to order meals if payment is not enclosed.
- If your child is entitled to Free School Meals in KS2, please send in the order form without payment.
- You may pay by cash or cheque (made payable to “Cygnet Foods Ltd”).
- You can send in payment and completed orders for up to the whole term.
If your child is in Reception, Y1 & Y2 and you believe that you would have been eligible for Free school Meals, without the government initiative, please still do apply. Children eligible for Free school meals are also eligible for ‘Pupil Premium’ money which can be used by us to benefit your child whilst they are with us. Link to Pupil Premium
If your child is in Y3, 4, 5 or 6, and believe that your child is eligible for Free school meals, please complete this Swindon Borough form. Your child will also be eligible for ‘Pupil Premium’ money.
Children are not forced to eat their packed lunch, but we do encourage them to consume a reasonable amount.
Please do not send your child to school with any of the following:
- Hot liquid in thermos flasks.
- Pot meals requiring hot water.
- Glass containers.
- Fizzy drinks.